[Heeplist] Kens Trouble

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sun Oct 13 13:47:01 EDT 2013

 Always remember: Dave loves dark music and relatively modern examples of it as well. As for me, it always seemed to me Heep and related had nothing to do with it during their glory period. Especially Ken. Yes, there were notes of occasional gloom, melancoly and even sorrow - but not to this extent! Of course, we are all mortal here (at least, that's what I suppose), but I am neither ready to die for anything nor feel trouble all around me, nor feel devlish spells spoiling my life, nor feel that everything around is loco (crazy) - it is all too much, looks more like a depression really than anything else. When Ken himself claims in the liner notes it to be a "good old-fashioned rock'n'roll record with all the right ingredients" I take it his interpretation of rock'n'roll is very different from mine :))))))))))))))) Musicianship-wise as well: perhaps he thinks if he's there with his signature hammond it's about all we need from his rock'n'roll :)))) Also, on getting your copy, take a look at the design and the way guys look - to me rather doom or black metal than rock'n'roll. Only my thoughts aloud. His rock'n'roll was, not necessarily penned by him alone, Love Machine, I Wanna Be Free, So Tired, Do You Know, Shady Lady, Showdown, Sweet Lorraine, Spider Woman, even Make A Little Love - none of a kind here. It must be fun, and that fun must be contageous. Rock'n'roll, apart from certain major harmonies, is also a groove, it is an interplay between the band members. Not much of that here either.
Cheers, Igor

Воскресенье, 13 октября 2013, 9:31 -04:00 от Bob Winward <uriahheep at comcast.net>:
>Sadly no Trouble yet here.  I ambushed the mailman Saturday, followed him
>around for a few blocks, but still no Trouble.  I did ask him to be on the
>lookout for me and make sure it goes out for delivery the day it hits the
>post office.
>
>This is the first review I have read that offers hope. From what I read so
>far previously, I was expecting Equator with Conquest type vocals.
>

>On 10/13/13 2:10 AM, "Dave Sherod" < porcupineheep at cox.net > wrote:
>
>> Well, a big thank you goes out to a friend on the list. And I had a chance to
>> hear Ken's new studio album, and I'll have more on it when I hear it all a few
>> times, but right away I like this album, I also like the singer a lot, there
>> was something I didn't like so much about the last singer on the last studio
>> album, but I really liked him on the live album. I find this album so far to
>> have everything missing from the last studio album which I only liked the
>> opening track on. Anyway I'll have more to say later, but so far this is a
>> real keeper.
>> (:€)~
>Dave
>Heeplist mailing