[Heeplist] McCartney & Wings

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 30 17:56:23 EDT 2013

Okay, I'll admit I really don't understand what you're trying to say, Igor. Are you trying to say that a solo artist can't produce a successful album without a proper band supporting him? Are you saying that solo artists with a band of hired hands who support an act that you personally like (e.g, early Whitesnake) is superior to a solo artist whose style you think sucks (e.g., Malmsteen)? Are you trying to say that Satriani's bands consist of one great musician and he hires supporting players who can barely play and certainly aren't allowed to contribute any of their own ideas to albums so his music sucks? Sometimes I am truly amazed by the authority with which you speak...

Jay

 From: Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru>

Indeed? :) Attention, Jay, attention: "you can give yourself not a band name but the one of your own, still if it is not a real band and a real collaboration, a real exchange on the energetic level, hardly you will achieve much regarding rock'n'roll. I don't mean commercial success, that is about creativity and final outcome"
 If I am not mistaken, Whitesnake was a band (and even DC solo albums 1977-78 was in fact a band's work :)))), and a great one in their prime.  And so was Rainbow before Dio left (afterwards it all became too predictable and more poppy). And - surprise, surprise! - even Wings! :)))) I won't carry on, if you do not play any instrument, it makes no sence explaining further on, if you do - just try to think of how music is being born.  Without those "hired" hands so-called heroes are NOTHING. Not worth recording anyway. Yes, there are the likes of Malmsteen or Satriani - but to me it is mostly extremely boring and not very creative anyway. In other words, it's all the same from record to record and mostly about only one instrument being played properly while for real r'n'r you need at least 3 or 4.