[Heeplist] McCartney & Wings

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 16:18:40 EDT 2013

Hi y'all!

My first live album that I bought was Wings Over America. Absolutely love that album (as much as I love any Heep live album). I thought for years it was from the Seattle Kingdome show, which I attended. Thenthe  Rockshow DVD was rereleased recently and I learned that the album was mostly from the Los Angeles show while the movie was the Kingdome show. It was my 3rd concert after seeing Chicago and Kiss during the school year. This was on my parents' anniversary right before school got out. Great excuse to get me out of the house so they could have fun! ;-)

I just got Rockshow yesterday and it was fabulous! Memories of the show (one of the best I've ever seen) came flooding back. I had remembered Paul & Linda coming out onto one of the concourses above us while waiting in line to wave to the fans and had completely forgotten that the other band members had come out as well until I saw the picture in the booklet that captured that moment!

I know the album extremely well (I've played it more than any other live album), and so was quite surprised to hear how different each song was (same setlists). It's mostly little things, but added together, it's substantial. Plus, I had thought my memory foggy because the album has almost no between-song patter. I was glad to see that the movie has all the patter in it, maybe my memory's not so bad!! ;-)

Best moment was Live and Let Die. My first flashpot experience at a show had been Kiss a few months earlier, but I remember how impressed I was by the massive flashpots and the strobe lights on that song, very fun to relive!!

Those of you who were at one of the Heep shows that are on DVD know how I feel. Having one of the best experiences in your life captured so well on video...way better than having to suffer through another high school reunion!!!!

Jay
np - Judas Priest - Epitaph