[Heeplist] Live Fire

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 11:32:42 EDT 2013

As for blank/confused looks, Paul McCartney played in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. A couple of the ~25-yr-olds on my swim team said "That name is familiar? Who is he?"

Once all us old farts had all stopped laughing hysterically, we had to tell them that Paul was in the Beatles. Surely they knew the Beatles! I mean, even my 14-yr-old can sing Beatles songs by heart (but then, he can sing Silver White Man by heart!)

One of them did know who the Beatles were. But the other one said "Weren't they some rock band from the 50s?"

Whitesnake played here last week. At least they knew who Whitesnake are: "Some 80s rock band?"

As Merrick would say, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"!!!

Jay
np - Black Crowes - Before the Frost

 From: Shawn Mctopy <shawn.mctopy at selu.edu>

*Barnes & Noble*, *Walmart* *(Wally World)* , even my local Music shop ...
when I inquire about *URIAH HEEP* albums all I get is - *Who? What?*

As well as blank and/or confused looks from the young store clerks.

I really know I'm an *Ol' Fart* when this happens. :)