[Heeplist] now Hensley studio

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Fri Jul 12 14:49:58 EDT 2013

 Hello,
They are all decent, Jay, but the quality varies vastly. Off the 70-s were great, 1980- ok (it is obvious he wasn't the same Ken anymore, he even left England by that time which was surely a wrong move for creative side of Ken's talent, and that disk is a bit chaotic collection of pop-hard), 1994 - great (but again a collection, not a product that was intended to be an album initially), after that... He still had some catchy melodies (still some composed way earlier), but lyrics were no longer poetic in a way they were initially plus the production (and playing) sometimes was beoynd good and evil (Running Blind). That's the high cost -  not of loving you :))), but of being a producer to yourself... But Ken of the 70-s, including Weed and Head Machine, is truly special.
Cheers, Igor

Пятница, 12 июля 2013, 9:46 -07:00 от Jay Pearson <deepheep at yahoo.com>:
>Wow, not a decent album other than Proud Words? Come on, Dave, PW is as good as most of the Byron albums, and well beyond merely "decent"!! Second, Eager to Please is also a fantastic album, although not as good as Proud Words IMO. Blood on the Highway is as good as Eager to Please, maybe better. Running Blind, Free Spirit, and The Last Dance are all at least "decent". Glimpse of Glory as well as Faster both have their moments, although I understand why many don't care much for those. I really don't care for LAOM, but can understand if some do. From Time To Time is as good as Eager to Please, but it's a collection of sorts, not a true studio album. I quite enjoy his two albums of remakes, but that's not everyone's cup of tea. Then there's the incredible Weed album, but I don't know if everyone considers that a Hensley studio album.
>
>Jay
>np - Uriah Heep - Official Bootleg Vol 6 (sounds great so far!!! Only $5.99 at Amazon!!!)

> From: DAVID M SHERROD < porcupineheep at cox.net >
>

>No I wasn't aware of it, I've not heard anything from the studio album, but from your post I'm afraid it's more like the last album which I wasn't happy with. This was why the live album is such a surprise, he hasn't done a decent studio other than Proud Words, and Blood on the Highway, though the Last Dance was very good with the classic title song.

Igor Shveytser