[Heeplist] 13

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Thu Jun 20 06:51:34 EDT 2013

My first run through the cd, I did not hear any solos, just dark slow and
heavy.  Then on next listen, the Loner jumped out at me.  Now I also like
Live Forever and Dear Father. None of the 4 bonus tracks on disc 2 have
caught my fancy yet, but disc 1 is decent.  As a teenager in the 70's I did
not like sabbath.  It was too dark.  I never bought any, until one day I
heard Dio with sabbath, wow what a difference.  Heaven and hell was more
rock n roll then doom and gloom.

So 13 is ok, nothing great, but they did manage to recapture their early
70's sound  which many here seem to enjoy.

Ok enough for me, I am going to sit back and wait for some Heep talk again.

Bob W