[Heeplist] 13

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 11:09:44 EDT 2013

To my ears, it is classic Sabbath, very much in the vein of the early albums. I hear plenty of melody, but early Sabbath style. It is not Dio-era Sabbath, which generally had more memorable melodies, but it is heavy, sludgy, slow mixed with some double-time. There is some variety, but not a whole lot, the drummer is the most interesting instrument. Overall, as I listen, it sounds like 1970 all over again. Great album, I think it fits great with any of their first 6 albums.

Jay