[Heeplist] A Gig in Padova, Italy

Shawn Mctopy shawn.mctopy at selu.edu
Wed May 29 18:52:25 EDT 2013

Thank You for the advice, Igor. Appreciated!

I like all of the *Eras* of the group, but I can easily understand your
fondness for the *Byron* years.

*David Byron* was/is the Original frontman & vocalist. *Byron* was *(in my
opinion)* in a league of his own.

What with his unique singing voice and dynamic stage-presence, he is the
Vocalist all other *HEEP* singers have to follow. Not an easy task, but I
feel that all of the vocalists since *Byron* are very talented and unique
individuals as well.

>From the *BYRON* *Years* I really like - *'VERY 'EAVY ... VERY 'UMBLE'* and
*'SALISBURY'** (particularly the adventurous Title-Track)*. Along with the *
Classics* - *'DEMONS AND WIZARDS' *and *'THE MAGICIAN's BIRTHDAY' *Albums.

*'Wake Up (Set Your Sights)'* - Is my favorite tune from the *1st
Album*right now. I love the
*Mellow* interlude the song closes with.

The *HEEP'*s debut-album is every bit the great debut as *'LED ZEPPELIN'*and/or
*'BLACK SABBATH'* *(in my opinion)*.

It's a pity that here in *The States* *URIAH HEEP* get little coverage,
and/or that *Mick Box* is under-rated.

I would love to pick up an issue of *GUITAR PLAYER* *Magazine* and see *Mick
Box* on the cover!!!

They just don't know the *Great Music* they're missing out on. *Oh Well ..*.

Take Care, Igor.

Shawn -

*(Louisiana)
*

I can't say enough Good - about the *'LIVE '73'* album!