[Heeplist] Saxon

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Mon Jan 29 13:24:20 EST 2024

I have been listening to this new Saxon album for about a week now. It's called hell fire and damnation. The title track is actually pretty decent and has lyrics you can actually sing along with, and Connor reminds me of some early Ken Hensley themes of good versus evil.  Not fantasy though. Pretty strong recording, and the vocals  are almost melodic. Instrumentally they've gotten quite accomplished, some really great guitar work and solid rhythm section. First, I thought I would listen because they're playing with Heep and I'd be subject to over an hour and a half of them but now after listening I am enjoying it a little bit.

Bob Winward
All Heep is good Heep!