[Heeplist] Fwd: Adam Wakeman

Charles Ashmore charlesashmore at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 11:09:31 EST 2024

He is very good.  Saw him play with Sabbath at their penultimate gig in London.  Last month he fille din for Don Airey at a Deep Purple gig in India and by all accounts did a very good job.

He currently has a side project called Jazz Sabbath which (guess what) plays jazz version of Sabbath classics - there is a whole light-hearted backstory created around the project.

He was also in a Whitesnake covers band called Company of Snakes which morphed into Snakecharmer who wrote some material of their own..

He formed a band called Headspace with a fella called Damian Wilson about 10 years ago and he and Damian do an annual tour of very small venues playing each other's solo material and tracks from the 3 albums they have released together (4 as of this week in fact).  I am seeing them together next week for what is always an entertaining evening.  They often have a chat after the show with the punters so if I get the chance I will see what I can find out.

Damned shame if Phil is somehow indisposed but AW will be a very able Deputy.

Charlie