[Heeplist] Uriah Heep at Midnight Special in 1973

Tapio Minkkinen tapio at heepfiles.net
Tue Dec 26 03:57:47 EST 2023

Uriah Heep was at Midnight Special TV shows that aired on 28th September
1973. They played Stealin and Sweet Freedom. I have never seen these
clips before and I haven't heard that they would have been available for
fans anywhere. Youtube channel for the show was launched in the
beginning of 1973 and I have waiting ever since that they would upload
the show featuring Heep. Two days ago this finally happened. Even with
the disturbances in picture during Sweet Freedom it was fantastic to
finally get to see this adfter all these years.

"Unfortunately this tape didn't weather time as well as others and there
are glitches in the performance of Sweet Freedom by Uriah Heep. We chose
to leave it in as it didn't harm the audio. Thanks for understanding"

On the contratory to some information in the internet this is not the
same promo videos which were recorded at Alexandria Palace in London in
August 1973. This was especially recorded for the show during their US
tour.

Stealin' is at ca. 14 minutes and Sweet Freedom at ca. 44 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyQ1FpW2MyY&t=73s

---
TapioM.
Email tapio at heepfiles.net