[Heeplist] One Nation, One Sun

David Amendolara mail4hamurabi at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 12:26:36 EDT 2023

Missed the original mail, but great track review, Bob!!

Verzonden via Yahoo Mail op Android

  Op ma, mrt. 27, 2023 om 17:27 schreef Heepfan1<ehallib at earthlink.net>:   I agree, Bob. Nice tune.

Ed

Sent: Mar 27, 2023 11:04 AM
To: heepsters list <heeplist at travellersintime.com>
Subject: [Heeplist] One Nation, One Sun

This is one of my favorite epic tracks from Chaos and Color. It is a beautiful ballad that changes the pace on the recording. While most of the songs are uptempo this one just ambles along with sweet lyrics and a beautiful melody. The song is very peaceful to listen to, soft but powerful. I love the lyrics but they are open to interpretation. Could it be the sun looking down and hoping for world peace. Or the Wizard high on the mountain espousing love and harmony among all!

It starts out with a nice piano solo and when the vocals kick in, for the first couple minutes it's just Bernie and the piano. There are some subtle background vocals but I am not sure if it is human or keyboard generated. 3 minutes in, the piano switches to organ, at 3:29 there is a really nice melodic guitar solo by Mick that is brief but really pleasing. The drumming is very soft and slow with the bass lines working at the same pace.

The song is a real pleasure to listen to, easy to sing along too and compliments the cd in a profoundly beautiful way. I often hit replay when I need to chill and rest my weary head. Let's together enjoy the song, all in harmony!!

Bob
I love all the Bleep from Uriah Heep!