[Heeplist] Silver Sunlight

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Mon Mar 13 10:16:26 EDT 2023

This is my favorite song on the CD (outside of the 3 epic proggy songs). It clocks in at just over 4 minutes and has lots of changes. It is a guitar driven song with Mick playing a slightly different sound than we are used to and it is fabulous. The beat from Russell and Davey are strong and relentless throughout.  The tune is lively, moving and full of changes. While Phil does not dominate on this songs like others on the CD his playing is passionate and adds nice color. As previously stated, a guitar driven song. As for vocals Bernie shines on this one and my only comment, it would have sounded great if the lyric "Sensation" was done by Heep choir or different vocalist.

C&C has been in my cd player sine January 27 and I am enjoying more and more. Have listened to entire recording about 45x through.  Phil totally dominates the recording with his best early Heep sounding organ to date!  I know he objects to the word awesome, so let's call his playing Fantastic!  Only complaint about this CD, it could use tons more Heep choir. Doesn't sound like The Beach Boys of heavy metal anymore. However the stronger instrumentation and the return to some fantasy type lyrics on the Russell songs I still give the CD an A+

Bob
I love all the Bleep from Uriah Heep!