[Heeplist] Ken Hensley 2021 guest release: Blind Golem

Pete Wharton heeppete at sky.com
Wed Jun 23 06:49:33 EDT 2021

The mad Italian, Enrico has just loaned me the Blind Golem CD and I have to say I really like it. I'm still on my first listen to it but so far I would say it reminds me more of Deep Purple than Heep, or maybe Heep with Ian Gillan doing the vocals. Not sure what song you mean by Sarah, Bob. It does have a lot of the Heepy trademarks and it's a long cd, so there is a lot of variation in which bit of Heep  you'd pick on, but certainly the first few tracks remind me more of the "High And Mighty" era.  You would know immediately which track features Ken if it didn't tell you, that slide guitar is so typical of him!

He has also loaned me a cd of another Italian band called Vanexa which also features Ken Hensley on a track "The Traveller". The album is called "Too Heavy to Fly". I have only listened to a couple of tracks so far, but it seems more like a heavy metal band album than a classic rock one so far. I haven't listened to Ken's track yet.

Pete