[Heeplist] Very'Eavy Very'Umble

lethridge@carolina.net . lethridge at carolina.net
Sat Jun 13 21:52:57 EDT 2020

When I became an officer in 1970, I went voluntarily indefinite which meant that I could choose a location for 2 years and the 3rd year I would go to Viet Nam. I choose Fort Bragg, so I could be close to my parents and family. My father was not doing that well. I got out of the Army in 1972 and he died in 1973. In 1972, the Army started rifting officers. I signed and didn't have to go to Nam. I did have friends die there.

Lannis