[Heeplist] POP SONGS – 101 Tracks of Good Pop Songs

Norbert von Fransecky news at musikansich.de
Mon Jun 1 07:09:47 EDT 2020

Again great work, Filip!
I like to be inspired by aour lists.

But well! It's a tricky question what is Pop and what isn't Pop.

I would claim that at least the Yes- and Dire Strait-Songs on the list -
and "Keep on running" too - are less Pop than a couple of Heep songs -
"Come back to me", "Love or nothing", "Lomely Nights",  to name a few -
and even "Lady in Black".
And I don't think I would have chosen the great rocker "Blood red Roses"
and "Sometihing or nothing" as Heep Pop songs.
But don't get me wrong - I don't think Pop is any kind of negative a label!!

And shouldn't there be a few David Byron Songs on that list?

A blessed pentecoast

Norbert

Am 01.06.2020 um 04:39 schrieb Filip Björner:
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?reload=9&list=PL-q2dN0Id3EGhqMuvMAoxKbXsG3Sqis6F
>

> There are only four Heep songs, and two Hensley songs, in this list. And the reason for that is obvious. Heep was never a pop band.
>

> This is a list with 101 pop songs You love, or which You need to start loving.
>
> But what is pop music? What is it in the broadest sense there is? It is Popular Music. So it can be anything from any kind of style. I believe there is a core in this list, but it also contains songs most people would normally not think of as pop music.

*Norbert von Fransecky*
*musikansich.de*
Pappelweg 28
13587 Berlin