[Heeplist] Heep in Hollywood

brendajh brendajh at bellsouth.net
Sat May 4 12:59:01 EDT 2019

We attended the first show of the Uriah Heep/Judas Priest North
American tour last night (May 3rd) in Hollywood Fl. The boys rocked
the house and did not disappoint! We drove 5 hours to attend the
performance. The Hard Rock venue has a capacity of 3500 and appeared
to be a full house. The mighty Heep played for approximately 50
minutes. The set list included: 1.) Grazed by Heaven, 2.) Too scared
to run, 3.) Take away my soul, 4.) Stealing, 5.) Between two worlds,
6.) Gypsy, 7.) Look  at yourself, 8.) Sunrise, and 9.) Easy Living.
Heep had a stellar performance. Uriah Heeps' music was tight, played
at  just the right volume, and they kept the attention and interest
of everyone including The Priest fans. Heep played with heart and
soul and stayed true to who they are. We are thankful that they made
the long journey to Florida and that we got to see them. We will see
the Heep again this evening at the Miramar Beach venue. Lot of time
in the car over the last 2 days, but they are worth it. They have
traveled a lot further to bring their music our way.

Just a few comments about the Judas Priest part of the concert. I
will say it was strange that Uriah Heep was not the headliner. (They
were the headliner in our opinion). The first thing we discovered
when entering the Hollywood Fl Hard Rock venue was the merchandise
area. There was a wall and table loaded with Priest shirts etc. but
only 4 types of Uriah Heep tee-shirts. The crowd appeared to be
predominantly Priest fans based on seeing Priest tee-shirts on what
seemed to be 9 out of 10 concert goers. Suggestion to Heepsters
attending any of the upcoming Heep/Priest shows, wear your Heep
tee-shirts and show your Heep pride! Stand out in the sea of Priest
fans! Another tip, brush up on Uriah Heep discography and history so
when a young Priest fan asks you questions about Heep you can
enlighten them. Not being that familiar with Judas Priests' music
other than what the radio in the States plays and the MTV era, most
of the music was new for us. Judas Priest was well received by their
fans and their performance was a highly orchestrated grandiose
production with the front man changing his outer wear too numerous
times to count. Judas Priest certainly delivered on heavy metal
music, and the crowd was happy. Probably the most favorite thing of
the Priest part of the concert was the Black Sabbath - War Pigs song
that was played just before Priest went live on stage. The volume
went way up and the audience was all singing the song.  I think this
was a tribute to Ozzy. The entire event with Uriah Heep and Judas
Priest lasted 3 hours (8-11).
Brenda