[Heeplist] Lee Kerslake RIP

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Sun Jan 27 23:01:46 EST 2019

It's all BS, all this mags are crap, if people are dumb enough to believe fake news that's on them not Facebook, I just keep rocking on. DaveS

On January 27, 2019, at 2:08 PM, Scott Manion <scottmanion at earthlink.net> wrote:

Isn't that the world we live in now because of social media...anybody can
post anything, it's picked up by someone else and that someone else is
picked up by someone bigger.
Then, the report is attributed by the larger source, NOT the smaller
insignificant source who posted the incorrect information in the first
place.

Some nobody posts the Lee Kerslake has passed
The "Metal Insomnia Podcast and Blog" picks up on the post and runs it on
their podcast & blog
Classic Rock Magazine has a staffer who listens to "Metal Insomnia Podcast"
at 3 in the morning and immediately texts his editor.
Classic Rock runs it on their website: "Sources are reporting Lee Kerslake
has passed"
Rolling Stone Magazine is monitoring Classic Rock website and runs their
exclusive..."Classic Rock Magazine reports Lee Kerslake has passed"
Why would anyone doubt Rolling Stone...or Classic Rock Magazine???

Everyone thinks it's now true...because no one accurately reports that "John
Smith has informed the globe via a Tweet, with no substantiating evidence
other than his own supposition, while talking with friends over a beer while
listening to Demons & Wizards that Lee Kerslake has passed."

That may be an exaggeration but not by much!

Social media is a blessing and a curse.
True Bob..."Never trust a Tweet