[Heeplist] Atlanta Fox Theater Concert

Tony Bryson t_bryson at msn.com
Thu Dec 13 14:45:44 EST 2018

Thanks to Esa's we got upper balcony seats for me, my wife and youngest son before the GR.
Crazy pricing at the Fox because of the location and how in demand Priest is. Lots of tickets were scalped early and go all the way to space, there was nothing but seats here in Atlanta, nothing special like VIP, etc. I could find.

Some of you will remember I have 4 sons who were christened with Heep from birth, and are avid Heep fans so I had to get two additional seats for the two oldest (they pay for their own). One of my sons can't go, so there will be 5 of us there in the upper ranks.  Would have loved to be closer, but couldn't handle the cost for the pit at $172 each with fees and Orchestra was gone for three together much less 5 people.

The company I worked at for 18 years had multiple re-organization (6 times over 2 years), multiple reduction in force and  layoffs, then eliminated my position last February and I was under a non-compete for 18 months.
Luckily I read the writing on the wall the year before with so many others being asked to resign or positions eliminated and prepared for it best I could, but still hard to take after so many years with a company.
Two months after my position was eliminated, I started having some heart issues (resolved with two procedures), so I have only been doing some contract work as I can, and am just now getting in the search for something more regular so this is a splurge.

These tickets are Christmas gifts to each of us and spent a lot for 5 seats, but who knows what life will bring before they come back to the US or if any of us will be able to see them when they do.

I look forward to seeing the band and any of you that come to Atlanta. We should try to do some kind of meet up before the concert for those that are able to be here early
Tony