[Heeplist] New set list...

Jeremy Stewart jeremystewart22 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:09:14 EDT 2018

I’m really looking forward to seeing the new set list played live.
I saw some comments about the songs that have been dropped.
Take this view into perspective...
The last two tours they had basically the same list of songs. Outsider tour
included The Hanging Tree. That was dropped for the 2018 tour, otherwise it
didn’t change much at all... borrrring!!!!
After hanging out with the band in March, I overheard Phil say, “oh please
not the magician’s Birthday again!!!”, and I kind of chuckled to myself. I
understand as a musician myself, that bands do get sick and tired of
playing the same songs over and over again. Believe me, it gets to be
depressing.
Give them a break. At least they changed the set list!!! That’s how I see
it.
Plus, they are trying to promote the new album. I think it’s awesome that
they are including six new songs!
The addition of Too Scared To Run And reintroduced Rainbow Demon are
definitely also a treat.
The video of Too Scared I shared rocks hard. I think they are gearing
towards a more heavy metal audience, which isn’t a bad thing in my personal
opinion.
Sure, your typical fan wants to hear the classics that are beyond played
out.
Fortunately I’m not your typical fan, I’m a fanatic, and this is great news
to me.
I’m very excited to hear the new music live, as I’ve already heard the
“classics” too many times.
In fact, while listening to full albums, I will skip tracks such as
Stealin’, Easy Livin, Gypsy, The Wizard, on purpose. Quite frankly, I’ve
heard them too many times and can do without the radio tunes.
Anyway, from the photos and various posts on fartbook the last couple days,
it seems that the band is having a blast, and so are the crowds of people
at sold out shows.
I think they are doing just fine with that new set list.

Ps... I want a copy of the new European tour program REALLY BAD!!!!
Hopefully I’ll be able to snatch one up on eBay soon!