[Heeplist] T-Bird Angel

lethridge@carolina.net . lethridge at carolina.net
Thu Oct 18 17:45:22 EDT 2018

At the Fayetteville airport, on our way to ABQ, 2 days late because of Hurricane Florence, we met a guy who knows Mick Box. I had on a Heep t-shirt, of course, which he noticed. He had a guitar and had been working with the Red Cross hurricane relief. His name is Jeff, and it turns out that he has known Mick since he was 14. Mick used to live in the States. Jeff had a thunderbird. He, Mick, and Lee were following the tour bus at 115 mph, when they were stopped by the highway patrol. The bus was not stopped and kept going. Lee asked the officer how much the ticket would be. The officer said $300. Lee sitting in the back seat asked if $500 would take care of it with no charges. That is what happened. But Mick and Lee didn't know where the bus was going or where the concert was. They did eventually find out. Just one of his many stories.

Lannis

p.s. Jeff says he jams with Paul Michael, Mick's son about once a month.