[Heeplist] The Double H

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Thu Sep 13 08:43:23 EDT 2018

Mark if you are in New Bern, watch out for storm surge, that is like a mini
Tsunami, that is what hit our area (2012), a wall of water.  I had a ton of
flood damage, under the house and landscaping and lost several items that
got wet in my garage.  It came with only 9" of my first floor, luckily the
township back in 2002 made us put the house a bit higher than some of the
existing homes, and the ones on slabs all had their first floors ruined
(furniture, carpet and sheetrock) that is not counting some of the house
that got knocked over.  One guy on the list criticized me, and said the
storm was a month ago, so I stopped posting, even though it took me 6 months
to get everything fixed.  For most people it is only news for a few days,
for victims it can last months/years.  Just glad that guy isn't on list
anymore.

I just looked at New Bern again, I spent a few days in Moorehead, Beaufort,
New Bern areas looking at lots for sale, about 10 years ago and ended up
buying something in Florida.  But that area of NC is very similar to ours
(Toms River, Seaside) very flat and lots of marshland barely above the water
line.