[Heeplist] Living The Dream Review

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Sat Sep 8 12:52:41 EDT 2018

It has wowed me, both versions.  The main version, has a jam of the band at
the end that is very hypnotic.  Yes it is a power rocker that sounds like
other power rockers this lineup has done since the Shaw Lanzon era began,
but I can sing along to it.  As far as Grazed by Heaven, another power
rocker, nothing too exciting, but the alternative bonus version starts out
with what sounds like a pipe organ!!  Really cool, and changes the
complexion of the song,making it sound more diverse and interesting.  Both
nice songs that were released as singles, but the rest of the cd is so much
stronger!  More Phil,  Davey playing bass notes and solos, rather than just
rhythm only, the drumming is definitely a Panzer doing 180!!  Bernies vocals
on the harer songs are very Whitesnakeish.  I think the producer brought
that out.  Mick throughout the CD has varied up the guitar sound, still
predominately wawa, but the last part of Dreams of yesteryear, the guitar
work is so cool and trippy.  I hope they do that one live.  2 other songs
are very proggy and different sounding (Water's Flowing with accoustic
guitar and All Been Said.  One of the reviewers mentioned Goodbye to
Innocence that should have been the single, it starts out with a Melodic
power guitar riff, then breaks into what sounds  similar to Radar Love
(Golden Earring) or Ballroom Blitz (Sweet), then shifts into a rocker
similar to Easy Living, with a catchy vocal and driving guitar, organ, bass,
drums, reminescent of D&W era Heep.  Another song reminds me of early Heep
'Falling Under Your Spell"

On 9/8/18, 5:00 AM, "Pete Wharton" <heeppete at sky.com> wrote:

> At last we've got some discussion going on the list :-) And this track hasn't
> wowed me yet. Another listen later on proper speakers I think will help
> :-)

Pete