[Heeplist] New song

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Jun 26 07:00:10 EDT 2018

First off, I think it is a great thing that Heep is still making New music.
We could always debate however, what that should sound like.  Do they try to
sound like classic heep and please their fans, or do they try to sound new
fresh and innovative and pick up new fans?

On the recent US tour they blew me away with Shadows of Grief.  I personally
would like more of that style of heavy prog rock.  Grazed by Heaven is
designed to be a single, whatever that is anymore, lol.  For example Nail on
the Head was not indicative of what Into the Wild sounded like, nor the
singe Across the Miles for Sonic Origami.  I think we have to wait for the
new cd to fully judge.

On 6/25/18, 12:22 PM, "mcfoghat" <mcfoghat at cox.net> wrote:

I have downloaded the new song and have given it a few listens. Like
> the Outsider cd, it is a bit modern for my old taste and ears, but after
> seeing this lineup on the 2 most recent tours, it all makes sense. I have
> never been a hard metal fan and even bristled a bit at Russell's drumming
> style, but again, hearing them live gave me a better sense of context. The key
> for me is familiarity and as soon as the songs have sunk into my brain, it is
> all good. I hope they don't venture too far into the "hard" sound and abandon
> the beautiful melodies they have nurtured so well with Bernie. Looking forward
> to the new cd and the next tour.
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE
> smartphone
Heeplist mailing