[Heeplist] Heep 101

mcfoghat mcfoghat at cox.net
Sun Jun 17 18:18:03 EDT 2018

Well, I can proudly say that with the help of amazon unlimited, I was able to make my way through almost all of the post Byron Heep catalogue. Oddly enough, the only one not available was Equator.There were some very pleasurable moments from all of the other albums. I read the Ling book along with the listening experience and gained some great insights. A lot of the material, although quite good, did not sound like the type of UH music I like best. Maybe it was the era or the fact that I'm a lot more familiar with the earlier and most recent (Sea of Light onward) material that made the difference. From Electrically Driven the band has been on a decisively upward trend and keeps getting better.If I had gone after my early 70's college classes like I tended to the Heep adventure, I might now be a rocket scientist. Lol.I've seen them at least once on every tour since 2002 or so and look forward to the next outing and new album. I have been Grazed by Heep.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone