[Heeplist] Heep at Monkey

Don Malecic docofun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:52:28 EST 2018

Hey guys ,

I  found some interesting feedback about Heep’s concert at the Brass Monkey from a music writer for Soundcheck . Laura Collins .

When I was in my early teens, my mother decided she needed to educate me on legendary musicians and bought me Uriah Heep’s Live January 1973 album, and it was eye-opening. Never in my wildest dreams I ever imagined I would ever see them live, but to my amazement the band announced their tour a few months back, which also included two Ottawa dates.
You could feel the anticipation walking into The Brass Monkey on Tuesday night as the band was set to get on stage within the matter of minutes. The set started with Gypsy, Look at Yourselfand Shadow of Grief, and the electric energy in the room was undeniable.
Shaw chatted up the crowd in between songs, and the adoring crowd in front of the stage was taking it all in. He mentioned he would have never thought they would still be playing the songs from the 1970’s still in 2018, and received warmhearted laughter from the audience.
The band was still rocking like in their hay day and it is easy to see why they sold out two back to back shows in Ottawa’s west end.
Lady in Black finished the main set and got the people singing on top of their lungs. The band returned on stage for an encore, and the song choice was the obvious Easy Living’ as there would have not been a show without the band’s biggest hit.
Laura Collins