[Heeplist] Phil’s CD

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Sun Oct 8 23:27:08 EDT 2017

Wow  an opinion opposite of mine. However you even admitted you did not listen to the full album   It grew on me after 2 listens. The keyboard work is phenomenal and worth it just for “step overture” sounds like Heep meets Styx ( an instrumental) Don’t forget many of us bought several cds of  David Byron singing pop.  But I wouldn’t categorize this album as pop.  I wouldn’t categorize it as hard rock either.  It is 4 ballads, an instrumental, 4 rockers and an epic 8 minute prog song to close out the cd. If the song off SOL called “logical progression”is pop or “Mistress of All time”, then the album is pop because the songs are in that vein. This is outstanding music by the principal songwriter of Heep, outstanding keyboard work,  what more could you ask for?  I would rather have this, then buy something remastered for the fourth time, lol

To me pop would be Beyoncé or Taylor Swift or Jonas singing Cake by the Ocean.

I would categorize it more as the outstanding lighter side of heep.

Bob "all Heep is good Heep" Winward