[Heeplist] Reissues

Tapio Minkkinen tapio at uriah-heep.fi
Tue Feb 21 06:15:07 EST 2017

Hi Andre

As it' still over one month to release date I haven't heard these yet
but comparing the tracks on 1st album & Salisbury that already have been
released there are some small differencies here and there but not that
much different in my opinion that there would be any point in buying
these for that reason. Mostly just the same recorded tracks but remixed
and edited a bit differently for these releases.

Mastering is clearly different than on previous remasters done by Rober
Corich, that's the biggest difference. These are more heavier sounding
with less treble. Personally I prefer Corich mastering, the sound is
clearer.

If someone already has the earlier remasters or deluxe editions I
wouldn't recommend to get rid of these and buy the new releases.
Booklets are less informative and mostly just text and pictures and
there are no song lyrics.

The best thing about these is that now for the first time you get all
songs recorded in one album session neatly on one CD, it's interesting
to listen to the album tracks together with the out-takes and single
b-sides.

---
TapioM.
tapio at uriah-heep.fi