[Heeplist] February shows cancelled

Tony Bryson tony.bryson at outlook.com
Thu Jan 26 13:44:36 EST 2017

Maybe Bob meant more Hammond, not just more organ since that is what he listed, and featuring the Hammond in some places like Heep of old is different than just having it play rhythm in the tracks.
It's really hard to tour with a real B3 or C3 because of the size and weight and they require some care and attention, but almost every studio has one or access to one.

An original older Hammond sound is different than any simulation or other organ out there even though many keyboard do come close. We have a 1956 C3 and Leslie in our small studio along with a Yamaha CP80 which also is hard to copy because of the real strings in it and I have compared a lot of other keys trying to find something easier for keyboardists that are inexperienced with Hammonds to use, but end up covering the C3 to keyboardist to allow them to get that sound when the need exists or it would enhance the music they are recording.
Tony