[Heeplist] Paul Newton to appear on new Rainbow CD

Norbert von Fransecky news at musikansich.de
Tue Dec 20 14:48:40 EST 2016

I am
I have been at the place where it happend nearly exactly one week
earlyer (at 7pm while the truck hit the market at 8pm)  when our church
board had their annual christmas dinner at a hotel near by. I just
walked the side of the street where the press  and the TV teams stood
yesterday to report about the attack.
The terror is getting nearer and nearer. I hope my people stay tall in
not getting into hate to foreign people. The tendency to turn to the
right in the politics world wide hasn't spared my country. The right
wing party AFD has got between 10 and 20 percent of the votes in a few
elections on local and regional level.
I am very proud of the way my country has handled the refugee crisis in
the last months - not onyl by the poitics of Angela Merkel, but foremost
by very very many volunteers who have helped refugees to find a place to
stay - first in shelters and then in better accomodations, who we are
going on to build.
I am afraid that those terror attacks are poisoning the atmosphere in
that it is possible to be handle these problems in a humanistic generous
way.

There has been a great service tonight in the Gedächtniskirche, the
church just at the place where the terror took place. Officals of
protestant, orthodox and catholic churches, of the jews and the muslims
celebrated the service together to give a clear sign aganist the hate
and for tolerance and democracy.

Norbert