[Heeplist] Salisbury remaster

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Sat Oct 29 10:46:52 EDT 2016

Jyrki you bring up a valid point.  I actually skipped round 2 of the
remasters after buying all the round 1 remasters.  I also bought Time of
Revelation box set and the couple incarnations of the Lansdowne Tapes.  That
gave us all the unreleased material.  The only one never officially released
was the 10 mile sessions, which I got via bootleg from this list.  What Dave
is saying below, he is pleased with the quality of the package.

It is up to the individual heepster as to what they want to acquire.
Personally, I am not in the financial position I once was so I have to
choose carefully and most likely will not participate at this time.

Bob "with 2 H's" Winward

On 10/29/16, 4:22 AM, "Jyrki Usva" <jyrki.usva at me.com> wrote:

> Sorry I have to disagree. Having already multiple copies of VEVU and Salisbury
> it¹s not worth buying again. I listened the Salisbury bonus tracks last night
> on my favorite music service and nothing special there that makes me want to
> shell out money for the new remasters. Streaming is just enough for me for the
> bonus tracks and on the go with mobile and I have my original vinyls and
> earlier remastered cd¹s to listen to at home and in my car.

Jyrki

> DAVID M
> SHERROD <porcupineheep at cox.net> kirjoitti 28.10.2016 kello 11.01:
>
> The new
> remasters of the first album and Salisbury are really worth getting, Salisbury
> sounds great and has a cool alternate mix of the title track and a live
> version of Salisbury not sure which bootleg is from but it seems to be cleaned
> up, and it's a great version, it's really cool that they used this, I hope
> they will use some of the other boot tracks, I've always felt the Boston 76
> show could be cleaned up really nice for an official release. That said I've
> always loved the sound of the Salisbury album with David's voice being at its
> peak. DaveS

> Official
> Uriah Heep Website

He