[Heeplist] Metamorphosis

Ian Stevens ian.stevens at talk21.com
Fri Mar 25 08:32:05 EDT 2016

Hi Filip

I had not heard of this but that is Jerry Donohue playing guitar with the beard and flat cap.

I found this ,   http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/notes/final_option.html

Which includes these paragraphs which implies there were two CDs of the sound track.

By and large, the FSM program follows the Milan sequence, adding the Donahues’ composition “Jenny’s Theme Im” which appeared only on the Varèse Sarabande LP. (The source cues “Blues for the Best” and “Straight Ahead Blues” were unique to the Milan LP.) The CD omits the track that the Varèse LP called “Hi-Jack, Part I” as it was merely a repetition of material otherwise contained on the two “Hi-Jack” selections (track 24 and 27). Finally, the CD presents “Catch or Be Caught” and “Reds Under the Beds” as they were edited for the Varèse LP; the Milan LP relocated the cue 3M10A from the beginning of “Reds Under the Beds” to the end of “Catch or Be Caught” (see track commentary below).

Reel and part numbers are provided in the following commentary. These utilize the nomenclature of the film’s legal cue sheet, which is slightly different from the standard format. Usually, for example, 7M3 would ordinarily mean the third piece of music heard in the film’s seventh reel. Here, 7M23 would refer to the 23rd piece of music in the film overall, which happens to be heard in reel seven of the film.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ian

Sent from my iPad