[Heeplist] Spiders from Mars on HBO Vinyl

Scott Manion scottmanion at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 21 20:23:47 EDT 2016

Here in the states (could be international but not sure...) HBO has a series called 'Vinyl,' produced by Martin Scorcese and co-produced by Mick Jagger that is focused on the record industry in the early 70's.   The program recreates a lot of the early club and record scene from the early 70's.

We were watching Season 1 Episode 6 last night and there was a scene with David Bowie playing a New York club during the Spiders From Mars Era.  They had a quick cut to the bass player and sure enough, those gigantic grey mutton chops had me jumping off the couch!  It was only for a few seconds but there was no mistaking they had nailed the look of our own Trevor Bolder on bass in the Spiders From Mars era!

Did anyone else see it?

Scott