[Heeplist] Rock Cruise got the Sneak Peek of Japan

Scott Manion scottmanion at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 1 19:43:10 EST 2016

Well,
Looks like those lucky blokes on the Rock Cruise got a sneak peek at the Japan Shows!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/uriah-heep/2016/royal-caribbean-international-fort-lauderdale-fl-5bf38fe0.html

I Wanna be Free
Shadows of Grief
Love Machine

Damn!   "I Wanna Be Free," in my humble opinion, is one of the most intense 3 minute Hell Raisers Heep ever put out.  Classic Heep beautiful harmonies and Kens keys, developing into heavy style.... Mick's wawa around the vocals "and I need to be free"...more heavy weight Heep..."bring a silver horse to carry me away"....then the Slide Guitar, the absolute dominating vocal from David and then the harmonized scream-fest between David and Ken "I WANNA BE FREE!"...at the end that raises the hair on the back of my neck every time I hear it.  Perfectly sent from one side of the speaker to the other on the vocals until they both harmonize.  Brilliant!
I typically turn this up to ELEVEN and it never disappoints.

Uriah Heep at their most visceral, dominating and powerful.

If you've forgotten get on your headphones!