[Heeplist] HEEPVENTION 2015 - Congrads Staf

Tony Bryson T_Bryson at msn.com
Wed Aug 5 13:27:18 EDT 2015

Staf
I congratulate you for your effort and success and I'll buy your beer mat if
it helps out.

I would like to get some details of the expenses and requirements for HV2015
from you when you have it.
With all the things going on I need to get some idea of the time and money
involved. We are discussing buying a building and opening a music school
early next year and having enough space to move the studio into at a later
date.
Depending on the commitment of time and money, I would like to see if it is
feasible to host and handle a convention  in Atlanta

I'm getting closer to retirement from my job every day and have not had any
personal fulfilling position for many years and am defiantly not in a
position financially or mentally to retire any time soon
The idea of working with teenagers on rock and blues music is exciting, but
a very, very large risk financially, but I want to leave my 4 sons something
when I'm jamming in the sky.

Tony
> From: staf.p at skynet.be
> To: heeplist at travellersintime.com
> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 23:07:22 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Heeplist] HEEPVENTION 2015
>
> Hey hey,
>
> With Heepvention 2015 behind your back, not yet behind mine, but
> that's ok, i had already written something earlier today, but as those
> who read the posts on the Heeplist know, for some reason it didn't
> come through. So, second try :
>
> Monday, arrival of Merrick and Laura, we were going to pick up the
> harp in the North of Belgium, I mean, that upper tip of the
> handkerchief. Anyways, the three of us drove in my car up there and
> arrived at a gentle young lady's place. She had a bunch of pretty
> harps standing there and did they sound great. Laura's eye fell upon a
> nice model just waiting to be picked out. After a test play, we aggreed to
take this one with us.
> And of we went, back to Leuven to the hotel.
> I went back home, doing more stuff for the Heepvention as it doesn't
> do that itself. Wednesday i started building up the stage props and
> Frieda worked on setting up the tables and chairs and stuff, went out
> for those little decorations on the tables. Nothing much, but just
> enough. Finaly, thursday came and we were still preparing things
> moments before the bus arrived from the hotel.
> It was great to see and greet and hug and so on, all those Heepsters
> that were already in Belgium. Some 30 were already there i think.
> The event started of with a meet and greet, i opened the Heepvention
> myself, i wasn't even too nervous. Called Paul Newton and Lee Kerslake
> to the stage and the meet and greet went on. Then it was time for a
> South African duo, Fade to Gray, to plunge us in the pool of sounds,
> the concerts began. And what a concert that first one was, Frans and
> Ray put a lot of effort in it and it came out just great.
> After them, time for Never Land, the rock band with the harp, never
> seen before but here they were, where i wanted them to be in the first
> place, playing Heep-songs on a harp, YEAH ! Great concert it was and i
> was in love with the two girls, but don't tell my wife ;-).
> Midnight, the bus came picking up the Heepsters to drive them back to
> the hotel, a good 20 minutes from the venue.
>
> Friday, 2pm the venue got slowly full with Heepsters again, some new
> ones who just arrived. I already had picked up Phil Baker as we had a
> few things to talk about, schedule-wise. Took him to our place for a
coffee and a chat.
> And then to the venue. Time for the first part of the Heepster Jam
Session.