[Heeplist] The Age Old Heep List Argument

Don Malecic docofun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 02:18:11 EDT 2015

Hi Scott,

I'm not in the hierarchy of the wise men and women on the Heep list but, I
think that David was a perfectionist, he set the bar very high for himself
and his band at the time, being # 2 was just not acceptable for him.
it really bothered him when Heeps competitors made it to  the A list.

It sure didn't help when Heep were always put down by the music industry .
He just could not accept any rejection or critisicm.
Every human is wired differently to be able to handle this.
I believe this was the catylist for his feelings of anger, moods swings and
even depression.
Adding solice in the bottle just added fuel to the fire that was burning
inside of him.
What happens next is many things, I'm sure everyone has their own list.
 Byron by nature is a pop/ rock artist, he sang The fantasy songs with no
complaint when Heep was riding high but, at the end he did start
questioning the direction of the music and unfortunately , the outcome
ended up with his pursuit of pop/ rock solo albums,
His own style and love.
Amazing singer, amazing range. Truly was a vocal instrument in the band.
Hensley might have had the turkey baking, the rest of the guys set the
dinner table but, Byron poured the wine and lit the candles to set the
ambience . :))))
I don't know, maybe Im wrong?

Don