[Heeplist] The Age Old Heep List Argument

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 07:33:38 EDT 2015

1976 Yankees were good, but swept by the Cinncinatti Reds in the World
Series.  Horrible time, I was sick for 2 days with the flu, in college and
not far from Cinncinatti.  I think if you want to pick some great Yankee
Teams, maybe 1978, 1996 and the legendary 1927 team.  1927 was the Box,
Hensley, Thain, Byron lineup for the Yankees, Ruth and Gehrig.  Gehrig
played bass, first base that is!!

On 3/8/15 9:24 PM, "Scott Manion" <scottmanion at earthlink.net> wrote:

I met a guy at the Milwaukee show and his first words to me were "It's just
> not the same without Byron."  I stifled a laugh.
I asked him if he knew when
> Byron left the band.  He wasn't sure.
I told him 1976...and next year will
> mark the 40th anniversary of David Byron NOT being in Uriah Heep.

These
> arguments about the olden days are as relevant as watching old re-runs of your
> favorite sports team back in the 70's and endlessly arguing that nobody will
> ever be better than the 1976 New York Yankees!  (I don't even know if they
> were good that year but you can get the idea.)

I agree with Doug.  Teams get
> new players.  And though I might 'long to be in the stadium' when Babe Ruth
> (American Baseball Icon from the 30's) hits one out of the park, I can still
> enjoy baseball now without feeling that it's an injustice that others have
> filled Babe's shoes.

Mick Box has been true to his fans for 5 decades,
> getting new players to keep the team together.
Every year this band continues
> to tour the world and put out music is a cause for celebration.

The only
> thing missing from a lot of these posts is the phrase  "Back in my day...."

I'm certain we all have the ability to accept and tolerate change!

-