[Heeplist] David Byron

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sat Feb 28 12:13:30 EST 2015

 Pete, I could add to that the fact: when they came to Moscow for the third time (it was 1998, during the World Cup in France), in an interview Mick and Bernie stated that they dedicate that song to  David and Gary who are in rock'n'roll heaven. But that was ages ago, and since then I've been hearing a lot of kind words about his deceased colleagues from Ken (in his both live speeches and diaries) while Mick and the associates, no matter what the occasion is, seem to be more focused on the current events and never (correct me if I'm wrong) ever mentioned anything about David's or Gary's birthdays or vital input into what still feeds these musicians well :)))) And mentioning Ken seems to be a taboo at all - if not only in the negative way (this for instance did Mr.Bolder on one of the CLR video releases) or hastily. By the way, that ignorance regarding those who made it all, turned a lot of old Heep fans into people who don't care about Mick's band at all no matter how good is his and Phil's music. A lot of people feel offended by such behaviour. As for me, I feel not entirely the same, I understand they have their reasons, and still it would be way better - and for the band's image as well - to give credit where it should be given. And to remember old friends.
Cheers, Igor