[Heeplist] NHR

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Wed Feb 11 19:57:22 EST 2015

 Dale, not worth mentioning because, as I see it, he was no less charismatic (and I mean not how he looked but how and what he played) in his best days than Blackmore. He's very recognizable. In fact, I see a lot of similarity between them, in some aspects Rory is definitely superior (acoustic instruments, knowledge of blues and country&western, plain, non-'flavoured" hard rock), while Ritchie is more sophisticated regarding symphonic element of rock; but they both were very skilled and energetic plus mainly used the same type of electric guitars. As of now, Rory is even more popular with me than Ritchie, his rock'n'roll seems more natural and honest (straightforward) to me, and the energy was really tremendous - just check out the solo in Follow Me! All of his 70-s works are true pieces of rock art, although, in order to understand and enjoy it the way it deserves to be, I had to listen to the records much many more times than it was in case with Ritchie's bands. I explain it simply: despite some heavy sounding, Ritchie is much more poppy while Rory is truly rocky. :)))
Cheers, Igor