[Heeplist] Heep

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sat Feb 7 05:51:52 EST 2015

 Gerry Bron definitely had reasons to say that, especially bearing in mind that Gary's been long time dead by the time of that quotation. However - and of this I am sure - if we agree that we really place Heep above other bands then he was wrong for Gary's  musical (and I mean player's as well) input into their music wasn't as significant as even Mick's not to mention David (!) and Ken (actually Heep owes most of what they have now to Ken's input during 1970-77 period). And they are ALL specific players with their own trademarks. However Gerry might be right in that way if we could only imagine there was no such band as UH and all of its members had to find a job elsewhere -yes, then probably Gary would have been the first one to pick out of them lot due to his universal jazzy style and player's skills. But I see it differently: all of the Heep musicians were of high value only in Heep, out of it they were becoming (or would've become) ordinary somebodies which are plenty in numbers anytime on the market. The band mattered.
Cheers, Igor