[Heeplist] Heep

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sat Feb 7 05:21:45 EST 2015

 Hi,
In my case, the show's already behind. :))) There was no reply from the list as to my info on that, but Bob requested to hear smth. about it, so I'll copy my message of then to you all. He said he'd be interested in the setlist and some thoughts of mine so this is what I replied...
Well, your wish will be fulfilled right away then:
*
Speed of Sound

*
The Hanging Tree

*
Too Scared to Run

*
The Law

*
The Outsider

*
Sunrise

*
The Magician's Birthday

*
What Kind of God

*
One Minute

*
Can't Take That Away

*
July Morning

*
Lady in Black

*  Encore:
*
Gypsy

*  Easy Livin'
Well, it's a funny ole' Heep - but different :))))) The show started with Russell drumming away the intro to the Speed Of Sound - if not for him, I'd say that I really love all of what they play, because he - in my opinion of course - spoils every classic track although this time it wasn't that obvious in case with the Hanging Tree as it was in Padova almost two years ago. Now they all sing, however the sound of vocals sometimes is lost in the mix if you're not in the very front rows of the wonderful Crocus City Hall. I believe that has much to do with the fact they've fired the previous front of the house engineer Charlotte. The entire show was a success, almost 3 thousand spectators both young and old welcomed Heep, and what pleased me the most - they seemingly enjoyed the new stuff represented with as much as 5 tracks.  Unfortunately there wasn't much of a spotlight on Davey (just as it was before); Phil sang some vocals in the Middle section of The Magician's Birthday  but was heard  rather poorly. Both before and after I asked their tour manager where can I see Phil in order to give him the magazine with the interview which I took a year ago and my live report as well. He named me the place, so I waited there with some gents waiting for an autograph, but the band vanished into the thin air. I have no illusions they really care about what's written in the press but feel a bit sad for the ones who are indeed the most loyal fans. That's it. If any questions, feel free to ask.
Cheers, Igor