[Heeplist] Heeplist] Heeplist] NHC

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 17:51:50 EST 2015

Blackmore, Dio, Powell, Bain, CareyThat is = to Box, Hensley, Byron, Kerslake, Thain

     On Monday, February 2, 2015 2:44 PM, Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

 Jay,
I came to posession of the Dusseldorf show many-many years ago, on the VHS tape - and I still quite like it, perhaps, even more than the 1982 San Antonio show. But at the same time, I can't seriously compare that line-up live to the 1977 Rainbow which was just magical to me. :)
Cheers, Igor

Понедельник, 02 февраля 2015, 22:32 UTC от Jay Pearson <deepheep at yahoo.com>:

I think the last Rainbow album was the best since Rising, the only one I really just don't like much is Down to Earth. Dave S

Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:
> For that matter, there are NO bad songs on any Rainbow album at all, just some are loved more by certain people, and not without a good reason.
>Cheers, Igor
>P.S. Even the 1995 "recycled" material was quite ok by the then industry standards. :)))
Well, Igor, I'm actually in complete agreement with you on this statement. For a long time I could whine about no official live show from the Doogie era, but that was rectified recently with Black Masquerade, so the only thing I have to whine about now in regards to Rainbow is that there aren't more albums. Lots of soundalikes, from some of JL Turner's solo albums to Axel Rudi Pell, but they're all missing the most crucial ingredient: the Man in Black himself.
Rising is one of the greatest hard rock/metal albums ever, about a dead-heat with Mob Rules, Look at Yourself, and Burn as my personal favorite. It's the only album I have with 3 different officially released mixes, and I listen to all of them regularly!! :-)Jay

     On Monday, February 2, 2015 2:21 PM, Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

Because, well-well, just because :)))) Kiddin'. :)))) Actually, to get a clearer picture explore this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_Us_All  Check out the charts - and compare to the rest of the lot :)))) At least, to the predecessor, which was also not a masterpiece and megaseller at all, but way more classy than that.
Plus, knowing some people from local DP fan-club, I knew at the time that Ritchie had to buy almost half of the entire Japanese print run himself, blaming the local side of poor promotion of his "mediocre album". I think, he was right in his assesment of that "masterpiece" :))) I see Blackmore as a highly calculating person - and I am more then sure the project was terminated just because Ritchie noticed he will no longer have the success he had in the 70-s -80-s, and that perhaps people were right not buying his semi-old-fasioned music in the quantities of the past.
Cheers, Igor