[Heeplist] Heeplist] Heeplist] NHC

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Mon Feb 2 17:21:02 EST 2015

Because, well-well, just because :)))) Kiddin'. :)))) Actually, to get a clearer picture explore this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_Us_All  Check out the charts - and compare to the rest of the lot :)))) At least, to the predecessor, which was also not a masterpiece and megaseller at all, but way more classy than that.
Plus, knowing some people from local DP fan-club, I knew at the time that Ritchie had to buy almost half of the entire Japanese print run himself, blaming the local side of poor promotion of his "mediocre album". I think, he was right in his assesment of that "masterpiece" :))) I see Blackmore as a highly calculating person - and I am more then sure the project was terminated just because Ritchie noticed he will no longer have the success he had in the 70-s -80-s, and that perhaps people were right not buying his semi-old-fasioned music in the quantities of the past.
Cheers, Igor