[Heeplist] Heep

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 09:01:38 EST 2015

Todd was on our list in the early years 96-97 and shared many stories, one
of which was "Doing time For Heep" my favorite.

On 1/31/15 6:36 PM, "Don Malecic" <docofun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,

Just visited the Amazon book store,  Canada. There is a David Byron
> Born to
preform selling for 300.06 CDN plus 6.49 shipping? (used)
Whats up
> with that deal?
Anyway, just looking at the book. Uriah Heep " Uncensored"  On
> the record.
Has any one read it?

Interesting to read some of the reviews on
> the book. Here is one from Todd
Fischer. Anyone heard of him?
His name sounds
> familiar.
Thanks,
Don

Vanity got the best of me, so I bought it. While
> flattered by how much ink
I got, the distortions and outright fabrication of
> events attributed to me
make me question how much else Mr. Ling constructed.
> An example: "Todd
Fisher: ³I sometimes had the job of rounding up females. It
> was never too
difficult. A few calls to the local university would produce a
> deluge of
young women ready to party with a group of young men equally up for
> the
occasion.²

Absolutely fabricated! Hell, I had enough trouble finding a
> lady for
myself, let alone a whole band. Ling must have been on the crack pipe
> when
he wrote THIS. There NEVER was a "procurer" for the band. We were each
> on
his own. Ling aparently extracted many anectdotes that I wrote over
> 14
years ago for forums and chat groups on the web. You can search the web
> for
"Uriah Heep Todd Fisher" and read the original stories, then compare
what Ling offers up here.

Mr. Ling's credibility took a major dive from my
> perspective. Still,
despite the "creative license" he takes, the overall story
> is good, albeit
fiction in many senses. Worth the three bucks, but not more.
> -Thomas
> "Todd"
Fischer
Heeplist