[Heeplist] Outsider

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 09:18:48 EST 2014

So Igor you are saying you grew tired of it!?  That happens with most music,

I was going to write earlier this week about playing Outsider again and
really getting into it.  I can't listen to it 4x a day like I was.  But
between the car and the ipod at the gym, I still listen 2x weekly.

One factor, a new cd popped up this week that has captivated me.  It is
called Harms Way Project  "Everything Workds If you Let It".  I did not
expect to get blown away but did.  The lyrics are 5 stars and quite
impressive!  It is some guys from this very list and some turn coats who are
only on facebook now.

On 12/13/14 6:12 AM, "Igor Shveitser" <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

>  Ladies and gentlemen,
Don't know whether you will agree with me or not, but
> some albums are not what they seem at first. Perhaps it is only my perception
> of things but still... I mean, we are all people and may have something in
> common. :) So, during the first month after I got it I listened to Outsider
> quite often, sometimes even twice or thrice a day, - like to most of this Heep
> version's LP's, but afterwards lost the interest in it entirely. I know, it is
> only a matter of time, and the songs are good but... they are plain
> rock'n'roll, I don't feel like there is another dimension to them, and it is
> very unlike that Heep band which I return to very often, at least in my
> thoughts and dreams. I am sure that has a lot to do with the nature of the
> main composers: Hensley and Byron surely had a touch of dreaming and genuine
> fantasy to their creative side while Mick and Phil seem to be more earthly
> guys. They just rock. No way the above said means they are not good at what
> they do, but that "earthly" quality reflects on their music for sure, at least
> that is how I see it.
Cheers, Igor

Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:57:46 -0800 от DAVID
> M SHERROD <porcupineheep at cox.net>:
>Like you, I just listened to it for the
> first time in a month or two, and really enjoyed it a lot, great album
> Dave
> S.
>
>Jay Pearson < deepheep at yahoo.com > wrote:
>>Just put this on for the
> first time in a couple of months. What a fantastic album!!!!
>>Anyone else
> still listening & enjoying
> it?
>>Jay