[Heeplist] Getting acquainted with modern Heep

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 07:45:20 EST 2014

I just checked out the setlist link, thank you Igor.  What an awesome
setlist  I cannot wait to hear HangingTree live. I hope they do it beeter
than the version I heard on a bootleg from last year. Afterall, the opening
to the song is my Ringtone.  I have a Heep ringtone for each family member
and some close folk.  My wife is Midnight, her daughter with questionable
behavior is obviously Fallen Angel.  The best is my boss, he gets Gypsy.
Sometimes I don't take his call because I don't want to interrupt the
music!!

On 12/11/14 6:20 PM, "Igor Shveitser" <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

>  Dear Chris,
Since modern Uriah Heep live is a mixture of  6-7 classic numbers
> from the Byron/Hensley era plus appr. the same number of after-Hensley (c) era
> songs, you can take any live album including official bootlegs which you fancy
> more. The difference with the actual sound of the band will be mostly the way
> bass is played because Trevor Bolder was a bit different to Davey Rimmer,
> although the latter tries really hard to play in melodic Heepy style. Here's
> the most recent set list of theirs:
> http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/uriah-heep/2014/big-box-kempten-allgau-germany-4
> bcdcba2.html
Compare it to some modern (recorded after Lee's departure in
> 2007) live disks and choose for yourself. Good luck.
All the best, Igor

--

Igor Shveytser
Heeplist