[Heeplist] (no subject)

Don Malecic docofun at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:45:19 EST 2014

Hey guys,

Here's a review from Steve Newton, music writer for the Straight on that
wild  evening at the Commadore, yes, I was rowdy and wild to, also younger!
:)

1993 a blast from the past! My mistake, Nazareth  ended the show. but ,it
was all Heep that night.:)

Heep was the only band among the four that didn’t include its original
vocalist. Singer Bernie Shaw now holds down the position vacated long ago
by David Byron, whose alcoholic antics got him fired from the band in the
mid-’70s. Byron later died of a heart attack–joining OD’d bassist Gary
Thain in rock ‘n’ roll heaven–but original guitarist Mick Box and longtime
drummer Lee Kerslake are still alive and kicking up a Heepish storm, along
with former Spiders from Mars bassist Trevor Bolder.

Amidst rowdy cries of “Heep! Heep!”, the band knocked off crusty faves such
as “Stealin’” and “The WIzard” before encoring with “Easy Living” and
garnering one of the wildest crowd responses of the night.