[Heeplist] any vinyl collectors? / Beatles

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Mon Nov 10 18:34:38 EST 2014

 When this thing came out back in 2003, most of my friends, who love The Beatles as I do (actually, since the age of 12) met it quite calmly due to the fact that hardly there was much of a revelation from the fab four. Yes, different versions, yes, we all know that some of the musicians said they never enjoyed the overdubbed arrangements but... the plain truth is we, who love The Beatles since who knows when, are used to Let It Be as it was produced then, in 1970.  For us that was authentic and genuine! And this... this is ok, but I'd prefer the original anytime: for the sound and for the production which, in my eyes, was quite in the vein of how George Martin produced them.
Cheers, Igor