[Heeplist] (no subject)

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 07:49:48 EDT 2014

Pete, I listened for the 4th time today. No Return was on, and then Sloman
does his Tarzan thing at the end of the song and immediately thought of you
and Rich Wagner.

One thing I do know Conquest is always a focal point of a good argument
about Heep.  I agree Sloman was not the best choice for Heep at the time,
but then again, look how far they fell and maybe that was all they could get
at that time.  I am used to his voice because I have been listening to the
lp for almost 35 years.  It is what is and the songs were sang by who sang
them.  We cannot change that, but with that said, Fools, Out on the Street,
It Aint Easy are still among my favorite Heep songs, "And You Can't Take
that Away"!!!

The sound of It Ain't Easy with the guitar in beginning and the Heep choir
is the most classic Heep sounding song on the record!!

On 9/18/14 6:33 PM, "Pete Wharton" <heeplistpete at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Sorry Igor, but you really do need to get your ears checked :-) This album is
> the acid test of how a singer can ruin an album. There is no way Sloman
> compares to how much better John Lawton does some of the songs. The best you
> can say about it is, well nothing actually :-)

Pete

-----Original