[Heeplist] Heeplist] Test IT's ALIVE!!!!

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Wed Sep 10 07:24:24 EDT 2014

I dug out and played Conquest yesterday.  I had forgotten what a great
drummer Chris Slade is.  He is rarely mentioned but did a great job.  What
is really unique is the use of keyboards and sound effects.  A radical
departure from Ken's previous sound and I find it refreshing.  I will listen
again before removing from the cd changer.  I really wish heep would play
Fools, the guitar work on that track is some of Mick's best.  He really
makes it cry and I bet if Carlos Santana heard Fools guitarwork, he would
cry too!!  (Santana used to refer to his own guitar work as "The Cry")